Mastering ADHD in the Classroom
Do you have underachieving and disruptive ADHD students? Want to know how to bring out the best in them? Looking for practical tips to manage ADHD in the classroom? Then welcome to Mastering ADHD!
Mastering ADHD in the Classroom is a self-paced online course based on the successful ADDspark Workshops with Dr Edward (Ned) Hallowell, child and adult psychiatrist, NY Times bestselling author, world-renowned speaker and foremost authority in the field of ADHD.
In Mastering ADHD in the Classroom, you will access the insight and experience that Dr Hallowell has developed as the founder of The Hallowell Centers for Cognitive and Emotional Health, best-selling co-author of the seminal books “Driven by Distraction” and “Delivered from Distraction” (over 20 published books in total), a graduate of Harvard College and Tulane School of Medicine, and a former faculty member of the Harvard Medical School, and 35 years working with ADHD clients around the world.
Ned Hallowell has done more than anyone in America to illuminate the challenges of ADD and ADHD...Most importantly, he has provided teachers with a variety of ways to help struggling children in their classrooms every day. Dr. Hallowell's guidance is based on up-to-date research; it is tested in the field and tempered with his great wisdom. You cannot find a better guide for ADD and ADHD than Ned Hallowell.”
- Michael Thompson, Ph.D., NY Times bestselling co-author of "Raising Cain" and "Best Friends, Worst Enemies"
If you’re ready to turn your most frustrating students into your most rewarding, then this is the course for you.
Through specific examples, you will better understand the complexity of ADHD and how it affects academic achievment on many levels. Based on scientific underpinnings, Dr Hallowell focuses on how to use a strength-based approach to unlock the positive potential of ADHD, while also dealing with the problems it creates.
In Mastering ADHD in the Classroom, you will gain the knowledge and tools to help your students overcome the negativity, misunderstanding and isolation of ADHD. It is based on a proven blueprint that starts with positive beliefs and results in powerful breakthroughs. With the consistent application of these practical techniques, you will see frustration evolve into mastery and achievement.
You have the power to help your ADHD students soar!
Each course module offers proven and practical ways to manage ADHD in a mainstream classrom; the same principles can also be applied in other settings, such as in special classrooms and with home-schooling.
Best of all, as an adult with both ADHD and dyslexia as well as the father of three ADHD children, Dr. Hallowell truly understands the real and everyday challenges of ADHD.
There is NO ONE like Dr Hallowell when it comes to ADHD.
Ned Hallowell has spent his life helping schools improve the educational experience they offer…he offers a highly approachable way for teachers to understand the genius that often accompanies minds that are labelled ‘challenging’.”
- Tyler Tingley, Former Principal of Phillips Exeter
We built this course to meet the needs of Education Professionals, including Teachers, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, Learning Support Staff and related roles.
- 11 Educational Video Modules: The course includes 11 video modules of clear and comprehensive online grounding in the principles of working with ADHD students. You'll learn breakthrough strategies for a strength-based mindset to tackle underachievement, a deeper understanding of what ADHD is (and is not), how to make a real difference as a teacher, Dr Hallowell's Cycle of Excellence, the coach approach to ADHD, special educational needs requirements, and additional support resources.
- On-Demand Access to Self-Paced Learning: Get all of your lessons within a month – evenly delivered for best results. You then have on-demand access for a year to continue learning at your own pace.
- Downloadable Transcripts and Study Guides: Each module includes complete transcripts and focused study guides you can complete at your own pace anytime. Make each learning experience unique to you by detailing notes that resonate with your student and situation.
- Special Guest Speaker - Education and Special Needs Discussion with Paula Jewes: Learn from the lecture and discussion by our special guest speaker Paula Jewes, a Special Education Needs Consultant in the UK. Paula has delivered extensive training for speech language therapists, specialist teams (such as hearing and visual impairment teams), SEN Teams, and SENCOs as well as parents looking for advice about special needs in schools. A few highlights from Paula's extensive qualifications inlcude: Fully Qualified Mediator with the London School of Mediation (2014); Experienced in informal dispute resolution; Education, Health and Care Plan quality consultant and trainer for a London Borough; Experienced chair of EHCP transfer reviews; written over 40 EHCPs focussing on out-of-borough and/or complex cases; Parent of a young person with Autism Spectrum Disorder who has campaigned for change since 2004; and gave oral evidence to the Parliamentary Select Committee for Education in 2006 on SEN.
- Special Guest Speakers - Expert Coaching Guidance with ImpactADHD: Special Guest Speakers Elaine Taylor-Klaus (CPCC, PCC) and Diane Dempster (MHSA, CPC, PCC) founded ImpactADHD® and developed the Coach-Approach to parenting. The coach approach is a style of communication and a foundation for confident decision making that enhances an individuals ability to develop skills and improve performance without feeling judged. The aim is to help kids move forwards in a more productive way, instill confidence, foster independence and improve future successes.
- Special Guest Speaker Val Ivens: Learn from experience in a support and resources discussion with Val Ivens. Val developed and now runs the Richmond and Twickenham ADHD Support Groups and has trained as an ADHD Coach through the REACH training programme in Liverpool. She was also on the Board of The UK ADHD Partnership (UKAP.)
- Additional Downloads and Resource Links: Take advantage of our additional downloads and resource links to deepen your understanding of the workshop topic areas.
If it is possible to pass along a thank you to Dr. Hallowell please do so. I would liken discovering and connecting with his work to growing up blind, and then one day finding a book, or surgeon, who was able to restore vision. I am seeing myself as I truly am, and it is so incredibly empowering and wonderful.“
- Dan Sullivan, Founder and president of The Strategic Coach Inc
Below is a breakdown of the 11 Video Modules.
Module 1: Diagnosis and Unexplained Underachievement
In this workshop, Dr Hallowell gives an overview of the history, symptons, diagnosis and treatment of ADHD.
Module 2: Diagnosis and Unexplained Underachievement Part 2
In this workshop Dr Hallowell will enable you to better understand the diagnosis process of ADHD, what to look out for and how you as a teacher play an integral role in diagnosing a child with ADHD. How you can help to preserve the positive traits of a pupil with ADHD whilst redirecting the negative.
Module 3: Understanding ADHD: General Q & A
In this workshop Dr Hallowell answers questions about medication, alternative treatments, how and why ADHD can lead to substance abuse and what’s really important when dealing with a pupil with ADHD.
Module 4: Sceptics, Strengths and How to Make a Difference, Part 1
Dr Hallowell dicusses the negative impact an ADHD diagnosis can have and how presenting a strength-based model can have a positive impact. Whilst also providing practical strategies on what to do in your classroom to make a real difference to your pupils with ADHD.
Module 5: Sceptics, Strengths & How to Make a Difference, Part 2
Dr Hallowell continues the dicussion on the negative impact an ADHD diagnosis can have. How presenting a strength-based model can have a positive impact. Whilst also providing practical strategies on what to do in your classroom to make a real difference to your pupils with ADHD.
Module 6: The Cycle of Excellence, Part 1
In this workshop Dr Hallowell discusses The Cycle of Excellence. This is Dr Hallowell's model for raising children, based on science, that will help to maximise the chances of them growing into a happy and healthy adult.
Module 7: The Cycle of Excellence, Part 2
Dr Hallowell continues to guide you through the 5 steps of his model for raising happy children that grow into well rounded adults - The Cycle of Excellence.
Module 8: The Coach Approach to Educating ADHD - Audio only
The coach approach is a style of communication and a foundation for confident decision making that enhances an individuals ability to develop skills and improve performance without feeling judged. The aim is to help kids move forwards in a more productive way, instill confidence, foster independence and improve future successes.
Module 9 & 10: Special Education Needs - Practical Guidance Parts 1 & 2
Paula Jewes leads an informal lecture and discussion on special educational needs. While the country-specific guidance is for the UK, many education professionals and parents will recognise similar issues in other countries and gain broader insight into how to think about these challenges. This session includes:
- Finding out that your child has a special educational need – what to do
- Working out what schools can and should do to help your child succeed
- Exam access arrangements
- How and when to escalate and request an education, health and care plan (statutory assessment)
Module 11: Resources and Support for ADHD, Q & A
Val Ivens developed and now runs the Richmond and Twickenham ADHD Support Groups and has trained as an ADHD Coach through the REACH training programme in Liverpool. She provides coaching strategies and works with schools, social services, mental health teams and local Education authorities to promote greater understanding, training and awareness of the condition.
Val gives her tips and knowledge on:
- How to set up and run a successful ADHD support group in your area.
- How coaching can benefit you and where to find one.
- ADHD Resources
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Register now to to help your ADHD students thrive in the classroom and succeed in life. And discover how to bring out the best in all of your students!
STILL NOT SURE? LET'S ANSWER A FEW COMMON QUESTIONS...
Who is this course for?
Education Professionals, including Teachers, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, Learning Support Staff and related roles.
Dr Hallowell – Who is he?
Dr. Hallowell is globally recognised for his strength-based philosophy and practical, positive ADHD strategies. With over 35 years of experience working with those living with ADHD, Dr. Hallowell is a child and adult psychiatrist, NY Times bestselling author, world-renowned speaker, and leading authority in the field of ADHD. As a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School and founder of the Hallowell Centres for Cognitive and Emotional Health, Dr. Hallowell has discussed ADHD on Oprah, BBC, CNN, the New York Times, and the Harvard Business Review, among many others. Finally, as an adult with ADHD and dyslexia as well as the father of three ADHD children, Dr. Hallowell truly understands the real and everyday challenges of ADHD.
How credible is Dr. Hallowell’s work, can I trust the legitimacy of his philosophy & teachings?
Edward Hallowell, M.D., was a faculty member at Harvard Medical School from 1983 to 2004, graduated from Harvard College and Tulane School of Medicine, and is the founder of The Hallowell Centres for Cognitive and Emotional Health in Sudbury, MA, New York City, Seattle, and San Francisco. He has ADHD and dyslexia as well as three children with ADHD. Dr. Hallowell has worked with people living with ADHD and mental-health issues for more than 35 years.
Dr Hallowell prominently features in the Media and Press, specifically, 20/20, Oprah, BBC, CNN, Dateline, Good Morning America, the New York Times, and the Harvard Business Review and many more! In addition, Dr. Hallowell’s blog was selected by Healthline.com as one of the Best ADHD Health Blogs of the Year 2015.
I already know a lot about ADHD – is this course right for me?
Dr Hallowell is at the top of the global list of expert speakers on ADHD for good reason. Not only is he one of the leading lights in the medical and therapeutic aspects of ADHD, he is also an uplifting character to listen to. Dr Hallowell’s positive perspective on the gifts of ADHD, while not diminishing its challenges, are a welcome change from the generally negative outlook from the medical and media establishment. Even if you have read every medical document on ADHD, Dr Hallowell is a breath of fresh air and an inspiration to those living with ADHD. Similarly, his vast experience puts him in a unique position to help carers and education professionals.
Why are Dr Hallowell's courses and workshops different from others?
Listening to Dr Hallowell teach his strength based philosophy on ADHD is like having Tiger Woods teach you how to play golf, or Sir Paul McCartney teach you to play music! He is arguably the most recognised ADHD expert in the world and people travel great distances to listen to him.
Do I need to be a computer whiz?
Absolutely not! We've gone to great lengths to ensure this course is easy and intuitive to use. And if you hit any snags just contact us at email@example.com.
Is there a guarantee?
You have a 14 day money-back guarantee. If, during the first 14 days, you decide that it's not right for you, just let us know and you'll be issued a full and prompt refund. In short, you get a great return on your investment, or you get your money back.